Some of the people you may meet while you are…
We are a social enterprise, or better a Transition Enterprise. We are legally constituted as a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (company no. 7994022).
We aim to walk the talk. We embody what we teach and the Transition ethos underpins our operations and the ways we work. This runs through how we design and deliver our programmes – from the food we eat to the way we get around – to the way we set up and run our business.
We are an early adopter of the ‘Transition Enterprise’ criteria being developed as part of the Reconomy Project, and we are based at the Reconomy Centre in Totnes. Characteristics of a Transition Enterprise being:
- Resilience outcomes
- Appropriate resource use
- Appropriate localisation
- More than just profit
- Part of the community
We resonate with the three principles of Gaia Foundation of Western Australia:
- To be a project of personal growth for all involved
- To build community
- To be in service of the Earth
Any surplus (profits) we generate through our work are used in the following ways:
- To invest in the business
- To provide a reliable income to Transition Town Totnes (TTT), a charity registered in the UK (no 1138865). All profits from Transition Tours go to TTT, and a proportion from other programmes.
- To enable bursaries, match funding for grant applications and other leverage opportunities to make our services accessible to our priority audiences – ‘key change-makers and young people of any circumstance’.