Jay and Inez recently went on holiday to Spain and…
A unique insight into how we are shifting the local economy in Totnes and District, mixed with dashes of inspiration and heavy doses of practical tips on how to do this at home. We’ll be based mainly at the REconomy Centre but we will be out and about in town during the day.
This is a one day programme, designed to precede the Local Entrepreneur Forum the very next day. Entry for which is included in the programme price.
Some of the things we will cover:
- Getting local – an introduction to Totnes, why and how it is here. Understanding how the ecology and geology of our river basin has informed the development of our communities and economy throughout history.
- What is Transition? A very quick introduction to Transition Network & Transition Town Totnes
- The Local Economic Blueprint – a shared vision for our local economy, and some facts and figures to indicate its potential.
- What do we really need? A practical workshop to help us understand our fundamental needs, and that you can take out into your community.
- Lunch – using local ingredients and beer from new community brewery.
- Our story through food, from awareness raising to social enterprise.
- Making it real! Some key learnings and ideas on:
- Education, awareness raising and outreach
- Fostering entrepreneurial culture: Reconomy Centre & Local Entrepreneur Forum
Further details on enquiry. Contact: info (at) biggreencanoe.org
£49. Concessions available.
Price includes lunch and entry into the Local Entrepeneur Forum the next day (13 May 2014) (which also includes lunch!).